Fraxel ‘Re:pair’ is a revolutionary CO2 laser treatment to remove wrinkles, blemishes and sunspots while at the same time tightening the skin to remove years from your appearance. Moreover, it achieves this in a safer and more controlled fashion than did the earlier CO2 lasers.
Fraxel ‘Re:pair’ Laser is a computerised laser system producing uniform pre-set depths and coverages of the skin. It delivers thousands of microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin to remove wrinkles, sunspots and blemishes as well as the old and weakened collagen/elastin fibres. The skin’s natural healing process then replaces the removed tissue in each lasered column with new, unblemished skin along with new and stronger collagen/elastin fibres to deliver more support to the skin.
The net result of all this is fresher, smoother and tighter skin with fewer wrinkles.
Unlike earlier CO2 Lasers which removed the entire skin surface, the computerised Fraxel ‘Re:pair’ Laser targets only a pre-set percentage of the skin at a time, leaving the skin between the microscopic laser columns intact for healing. This “fractional” treatment allows the skin to heal much faster than if the entire skin surface were to be removed like the earlier CO2 lasers.
Dr Mayson & the Sydney Cosmetic Clinic have a long experience with Laser Skin Resurfacing dating back to the early CO2 resurfacing lasers in 1993 and are proud of their 100% safety record with not a single case of scarring since that time!
In fact, we doubt that there would be many other Cosmetic Surgeons in Australia with Dr Mayson’s long experience and 100% safety record in laser treatments. Dr Mayson was one of the first doctors in Australia to commence Laser Skin Resurfacing with the ‘Ultrapulse CO2 Laser’ back in 1993 and has demonstrated his laser techniques on national television. Dr Mayson is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Laser Surgery and whose examination he passed with one of the highest scores ever recorded!
Freckles and most brown blemishes can be totally removed as can fine and medium-depth wrinkles. However, very deep wrinkles that reach deeper than the level of the resurfacing can only be made less deep, not totally removed.
Laser Skin Resurfacing is also of benefit in selected cases of acne scarring, the degree of improvement depending on the shape and depth of the acne scars.
This depends on you, your lifestyle and future sun exposure. Generally, the more you avoid sun exposure and use effective UV protection when sun exposure is unavoidable, the longer the results of Laser Skin Resurfacing will last. With good UV protection, the results should last 5-10 years. As with other forms of skin resurfacing, the procedure can be repeated if and when necessary.
Laser Skin Resurfacing is performed in the privacy of our own Clinic under Sedation and Local Anaesthesia. Whereas, small areas can be safely performed under local anaesthesia alone, full face resurfacing is more easily tolerated when done under IV Sedation and Local Anaesthesia administered by our Specialist Anaesthetist. Two hours after your procedure you may go home but you cannot go home alone or drive for 24 hours. For the next 5-10 days you will need to attend the Clinic regularly to have your dressings changed. Healing is usually complete within 5-10 days depending on the depth of the resurfacing. Once fully healed, you can then resume wearing make-up and return to work and social activities.
1. We Have The Experience: Dr Mayson was one of the first doctors in Australia to commence Laser Skin Resurfacing when introduced in 1993.
2. Impeccable Laser Resurfacing Record: Scarring is a potential complication of any skin resurfacing procedure, yet Dr Mayson has the impeccable record of never having caused a single instance of scarring in any patient since 1993!
3. Background Laser Knowledge: In 1998, Dr Mayson was the first Australian Doctor to qualify as a Diplomate of the American Board of Laser Surgery after achieving one of the highest examination scores ever recorded.
4. Dr Mayson’s Exclusive ‘Composite Skin Resurfacing’ Technique: Soon after Laser Skin Resurfacing was first introduced, Dr Mayson improved on the original technique by combining the Laser with Chemical Peeling and Dermabrasion whenever indicated. He calls his unique technique ‘Composite Skin Resurfacing’. Combining all three individual techniques into the one procedure delivers a more uniform appearance, achieves better wrinkle elimination and reduces the chances of scarring. ‘Composite Skin Resurfacing’ is Dr Mayson’s own special technique and to the best of our knowledge is not performed elsewhere.
5. Excellent After-Care: Dr Mayson’s excellent results are partly due to his high standards of after-care in the form of frequent checks on your healing and regular changes of dressings until you are fully healed. He certainly won’t agree to your going home and looking after it yourself as some clinics advocate.
Click on images to enlarge
View More Before/After Images